Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Keepsakes: What's worth keeping?

I am at a crossroads in my life right now.  My husband is currently residing at the nursing home 13 miles away, my two youngest children are deciding which way and how soon they will fly the coop, and I need to downsize for financial and other reasons!

So, what to do with all the stuff I have accumulated over the past years?  A lot of it falls into the category of keepsakes, memoirs material, relics, photographs, and so on.  I am sitting here, right now, looking at some of the mementos, just in my own bedroom!

Wp_000212
  This is an old Christmas basket filled with sewing supplies, scrap pieces of lace, etc.  The next photo shows the same bookcase in a larger view; most of the "stuff" surrounding the basket is genealogy related: files, books, notebooks, etc.
 
Wp_000211

I confess to saving knick-knacks, also! 
Wp_000210
  The first Valentine's day after my husband had his stroke, I went out and bought this little novelty item.  The mama bear is giving the papa bear some flowers.  For other pictures of my junk, beloved heirlooms, etc., check out my blog http://ancestorant.blogspot.com.

Posted via email from Margaret's posterous

No comments: