Sunday, April 20, 2014

Because of Him

Because of Him



As many of you did, today, I attended church.  Sometimes, people who don't regularly attend every Sunday, come out on Easter.  It is always good to see old friends.  I've been "subbing" for the pianist. only right now we don't have a regular pianist or organist.  It's difficult for me as it has been many years since I had practiced my skill and I don't have a piano, right now.  I get a little nervous (stressed).



However, what a privilege it is to play the Easter anthems or maybe there just plain hymns, but to me they are anthems!  I really look forward to celebrating Christ's triumph over sin and over the grave, and from what I've heard on the news, I'm not alone.  People in the Ukraine greet each other, "He is Risen!" and I hope for them a peaceful resolution to their current challenges.



Because, Easter is all about Hope, isn't it?  Jesus Christ, we believe, gave Himself, a Sacrifice, that we might be triumphant over sin and over the grave.  Hosanna! they shouted when rode through Jerusalem.  Hosanna!  May we hold onto our faith with even greater vigor than in the past!  We are not alone and there still are thousands, and tens of thousands that Believe, all across the world.  Let that be our strength in the unity of the faith.

No comments: