Sunday, August 09, 2015

There Will Come A Day in Your Life

Hopefully, more than once this will happen to you, and you will wonder if the dews of heaven have distilled upon you:

You will be listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on BYU TV, (after all you missed church and you are trying to feel a little bit better about yourself), and this does help...

You will find you are wanting greater spiritual strength as you listen to the program and realize that there is a part of you that really is hungering for greater truth and light...

Not even a sweet potato biscuit will taste as good as knowing that you have been fed by the Spirit.

But, I do believe that first, you have to "hunger and thirst after righteousness"; [for they who hunger and thirst], those are the ones who shall be filled.  (Matthew 5:6, Sermon on the Mount, "Blessed are they who...").

The only thing in this world worth striving for, the treasure that we should be seeking, the sweet invitation of the Spirit to partake of Christ's love and light--HOW ARE WE SEEKING IT?  Or rather, how are we not seeking it?

Where is our faith?  Do we focus on our weaknesses to the extent that we forget there is One who is stronger than us?  That's my tendency.  I concern myself with so many things and distractions, that I forget that it is in my weakness that I need the Savior.  When I wake up with insufficient strength, spiritual and physical,  to get ready for church, do I just give up, or do I kneel and ask the Savior to assist me?  I need to seek His help, His strength.  Faith will take me there.  

What is your counsel, your ideas, that will lead you to having faith,  and lead me to asking for help when I need to ask for help?  

When there is a cloud hanging over your head (of any type), what leads your vision to be directed toward Heaven and Divine Help?!!

The answers are in part, timeless, well known to all of us.  But, there are other answers that must come from reflecting on our unique challenges and reviewing what actually happens when we feel unable to move our spiritual feet.  Gathering both kinds of answers are something that we can do to move forward.
------------------
Links:
  •  https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/robert-e-wells_christ-focused-beatitudes/

No comments: