Monday, July 31, 2017

Tortilla Soup

...the movie!  For ladies like me.  Perfecto!  I don't need hot and hungry and over the edge all the time, but when I do, I like movies like this one.  The whole cooking thing at the beginning of the movie was seductive, with a capital S.  My biological father was a short order cook, but Hector Elizondo exceeds my highest expectations (I know, he probably isn't a chef in real life)...anyway...this role was written for him.  His quiet, understated manner is a perfect backdrop for the tangy and entangled love stories in the movie!
At my age, I really see things differently---I may not have lost my ability to smell or taste food, but appetite is always there waiting in the wings for something good to happen, something that will wake you up.   In this case, the movie!


No comments: