Sunday, February 03, 2019

Stake Conferencce Part Three

The next speakers, last night's session: Brother and Sister Hart (young couple with kids) spoke about morning scripture study in their family.

As our calendars get filled (not my personal situation at this time), have we remembered to put first things first?  What are our priorities?   Where do prayer and family scripture study fit in?  

The church's "new" guide, Come, Follow Me, and the adoption of the program in your own family can lead to blessings, the Hart couple explained.  They chose to get up a half hour earlier in the mornings to meet with their family members.  

Because they have been working to put the Lord first in their home, they feel that their "burdens" haven't necessarily become lighter, but that they have been strengthened significantly to bear those burdens.  (Mosiah 24);  Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.

Suggestions from the Hart family:  Invite the Spirit to visit and abide with family members.  

Review D&C 88:124:  Cease to be aidle; cease to be bunclean; cease to cfind fault one with another; cease to dsleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be einvigorated.

Cultivate a desire for [spiritual] knowledge.  Direction via the whispering of the Holy Ghost will come as pray for guidance. 

 

No comments: