Thursday, July 25, 2019

Too Much Free Time?


 As a woman who might have too much time on her hands, (I live alone in a "village" filled with other folks in a similar situation), I have often wondered if I'm using the time I do have in a way that is productive, charitable, educational, or enriching.

Myself and my son, Richard at the beach a few years ago.


 I try to have some balance between sitting activities and physical activity, but usually end up spending a lot of time sitting in my lounger chair.  I strive to reach out weekly to others in my complex, to family members, either by phone, a personal visit, sending a card, or utilizing the internet.  

For the first time in many years, I can read as much as I want to.  I have experienced another pleasure in the last 3 or 4 years, also!  I subscribe to two "movie" channels and I start watching a series that is meant to be viewed over a period of days; only, I binge, instead and will occasionally watch all the episodes in a singe evening!

The television is on from morning till night unless I am taking a nap, going out of my apartment, or reading.  It is background noise!  Creates a fantasy that I'm not living alone.  

I need to simplify, but throwing out or giving away belongings is a real chore!  Love for you, my family or friends, to email me with suggestions or ideas.  If you are in my area at all, please stop by for a quick visit!
 

No comments: