Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Broadway To Hollywood

 Broadway to Hollywood:  A presentation of the Fort Walton Beach, (Florida), Community Chorus.

On this date, the Director was Jean Hodgins, the Accompanist Joel Lane, etc.  At one point, these productions were occasions that I enjoyed attending; there were some special friends whose lives were wrapped up in the event, from start to finish.  They reached out to my husband, a well known singer at Church and to his family.  Ed Harris, my mate fit right in with the group; his beautiful tenor was appreciated, I'm sure!

This particular presentation was probably performed during the Concert Season of 1997-1998, according to the back of the program.  

In 1998, I also attended the little, but thriving, church service at the "Olive Branch" in northern Okaloosa County.  I believe that my son and his stepfather, Ed Harris were both speaking in the meeting.  I loved going to Olive!  They were in the habit of having "dinner on the grounds" after the church service, which was a big potluck event!  Over the years, since I was about age 10 or more, I had the opportunity to visit with the members in this location at various events.  Some names from those times were Carlos O. Jones, Jr., Sister Nita Sneddon, Sister Annie Youngblood, etc.

No comments: