Tuesday, December 20, 2005

family-reunion.com - Planning activities for your family reunion

family-reunion.com - Planning activities for your family reunion Some of you may think that I got my genealogy hat mixed up with my church member hat, but since "Redemption for the dead" (or is it "of the dead") is church doctrine, I'd like to relate an experience I had recently with telling stories, which is pertinent to this site's message.

This has happened twice to me: members of a group were asked to share a Christmas memory. Each time someone shared, they touched others with a familiar theme. One lady was telling about how they had to go out and get the turkey for dinner; that reminded me that it was at this time of the year that a "turkey shoot" was held in the community (then a rural place) of Wright. That was always an easy way to get the turkey!

So each time you share memories with other family members, they may hear some little tidbit that will stir them to remember something. This sharing of stories becomes the background on which our ancestors led their lives. It is a "group think" kind of idea. Two heads are better than one.

No comments: