Saturday, April 13, 2019

There is a Reason

There is a reason that General Conference is held in April.  That is when we celebrate the Savior and Easter happens.  A time for renewing our spirits.  

I just posted on Facebook and Twitter because it is in the lonely hours of 3a.m. that I am reminded by the low back pain I suffer that I haven't prayed a lot this past week, that I haven't repented a lot in spite of Conference addresses.  And these are thoughts and feelings of having suffered just a sample of what Christ went through to redeem us a world of sin and pain.

 I wake up at 3 a.m. and realize that I'm in pain. Then, remember, that I "forgot" to say my prayers last evening. So, I prayed for peace, for relief.

Then realize that I have a lot to be thankful for and that pride gets in the way. That self-pity drags me down.

That a loving Heavenly Father sent me here to earth to suffer, just a little bit, of what His Son, Jesus Christ, suffered so that I could recover from the lessons of mortality.

And I remember, Faith fills my spaces and Fear Flees when I am faithful. And Easter is just around the corner to remind me, again, to Rejoin the Faithful, to Rejoice in Christ the Redeemer. To Launder my Spirit as well as my clothes. No SPOTS is a miracle only He can do.
 

No comments: